Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Write On

Howdy folks, it's Natalie here with you today and I wanted to share with you my favourite product of the new release from JBS. Can you guess which it is from the layout?


It's those fabulous gold doily rubons! In fact, it's probably all of the gold bits really because I also couldn't get by without adding the gold speech bubbles and the gold sequins either!


The other new-release products on this page are the smiley flatbacks and the mini-deck card too. The "write" card is in fact where the concept of these layout all started from. My eldest is in her second year of school now and she loves to read and write. She devours books by the stack and when she's not doing that she'll happily get out her pencil and notepad and write down whatever comes to mind.


I have to say it's such a relief to see her enjoying school as much as she does, and I hope to continue encouraging her down this path. But I'm sure I'm not alone in my parental anxiety in wondering if I had done enough (or am doing enough) when she's at home. Am I a good parent? Do I teach her appropriate things? Have I taken her enough places? Should I have read more books to her / filled the house with classical music / made her do dance lessons sooner? etc etc! Slightly neurotic right?!


I took my choice of papers from the August Papercrafting kit to maintain a fairly monochromatic effect with lots of shades of whites and greys but with a vivid splash of red. Most of the papers you see on this layout are the exclusively designed ones by Lisa Dickinson. The chalkboard tag and the journal tag are also from the exclusive paper in the August Historian kit. Just another fabulous reason why you should become a kit subscriber!


And since I barely seem able to stop at just one layout in a session these days I went ahead and thrashed out this card as well. Lots of the same products, lots of scraps of paper but a slightly different colour focus with the addition of sunny yellow.


I rubbed the gold doilies onto vellum before cutting them out, then they're layered up with pink buttons and more gold sequins. It adds quite a glamorous touch don't you think?


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous Natalie - absolutely gorgeous! The way you highlighted each doily is just genius!

    ReplyDelete