Monday, November 26, 2012

The Perfect Christmas?

Hey everyone!  It's Jenni Hufford here and I am so happy to be sharing a Christmas Memories layout with you today!!


Last Christmas one of my favorite memories was watching my children and their cousins bake Christmas cookies.  It was a few days before Christmas and we decided to get together spontaneously to bake and decorate Christmas cookies.  If you are anything like me, those last few days before Christmas are sheer CHAOS.  That is about the time that perfectionism begins to creep into my heart and I become overly concerned and focused on "creating the perfect Christmas" for my family.


The older I get, the more I begin realize there is no "perfect" Christmas!!  This afternoon while the kids baked Christmas cookies was the perfect reminder to me.  As they were loading a mountain of red hots, peppermints, icing, candy canes on their cookies, I realized they were not worried about making "perfect" cookies, instead, they were just enjoying the process and the fact that they were together.  I need to be more like that and refocus on the true meaning of Christmas.


In order to create this layout, I started with Jenni Bowlin's Perf Marks Clear Stamp to create a grid on white card stock.  I then added the bottom tags from the Christmas 2012 accessory sheet with two wallet sized photos.  I then added bits and pieces of Jenni Bowlin accessories, and square punched pattern paper inside the grid.

Thanks so much for joining me today!
 
Pin It!

5 comments: